I'm pretty nervous about it, as you'd expect. Nervous about the whole thing - operation, new life, leaving my kids for the night - but I'll be ok.
I'm disappointed that I haven't lost anything this week. In fact I've put on a little! I just weighed myself and I'm 118.4kg, which is 0.4kg UP from last week. Oh well. If this sort of stuff can happen to the people on The Biggest Loser, with all the work they do, then I guess it's normal. One bonus of this is that it's reminded me that Lap Banding IS the option I NEED to take. Everything else fails after a little while. Stalls. This is my long term option.
I am REALLY looking forward to different tastes tomorrow. I'm not a real sweet tooth, so all the sweet shakes and bars have been a bit much for me, the soups have been a good addition. But this week I'll be able to have more savoury tastes, even if in thin liquid form!
I'm off to join the gym today. :)


7 comments:
Please get Eric to text me when it's done otherwise I will be stressing out all day.
Ok, I will. :)
Yay!!! Another Aussie!
Good luck - I was banded 2 weeks ago and I'm feeling great now :-)
All the best
http://shesaworkinprogress-workinprogress.blogspot.com/ (nerolid)
Sue... weight fluctuation is completely normal... it doesn't mean that Optifast has failed at all... even once you've had the banding it will be normal to have good weeks and bad...
Good luck tomorrow... I am sure everything will be fine!
Well, color me a bit behind the times w/ your journey - for which I apologize. For some reason, I had thought you already had had the lap band procedure done. Now I see that this is upcoming and you were preparing w/ the Optifast meals. Good luck w/ the procedure, sister, and know that I am sending you much love, support and light!
I know how you feel w/ the sweets - that's one reason all the diets that revolve around shakes and bars never work for me. Sweets make me sick if I have to eat them regularly. I have many friends who have undergone the lap band surgery & they've done so well w/ it. I am happy for this next chapter in your life and know you'll do well w/ it.
~ Dawn
Goodluck for tomorrow Sue. The last three weeks have gone by so fast.
You have done extremely well with your weight loss journey so far.
Great that you are joining the Gym too.
Thanks everyone!
And hello to Work In Progress, I will be following your blog now!
Post a Comment