Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I have my Band Bible

I have been to see the nurse coordinator, and I am now the proud owner of what people call the "Band Bible", the book The Lap-Band Solution by Paul O'Brien MD.



We discussed the post-op diet, which has me enthusiastic.

The first week is thin liquids, anything that can fit up a straw (but doesn't have to be drunk through a straw). Things like pureed soups, milk, vegie juices, yogurt, smoothies etc. I was told it's VERY important to sip not gulp, as it might shift the band. Week two I go onto thick liquids, purees etc, and then the next week, week three, it's soft foods. After that, it's food as normal.

I have to say I'm looking forward to tasting more things!

There are a few SUPER important things to ensure success with the lap band (as the video above stated), and one is PORTION SIZE. I know I was eating meals FAR too big before, so many of us do. After this I will be eating much smaller meals, and I am going to make them (mostly - c'mon, I'm allowed some nice stuff as sometimes food) nutritious!  I am going to exercise and you are all going to see a new me.

We talked about goals, and I said I find it hard to put down a kg goal. First kg goal will be to get under 100kg, after that I might have a better idea. I'd say somewhere around 70kg? Less? I don't know. I want to get to a size 14. I think that is a good and reasonable goal. If I made it to a size 12 I'd be ecstatic!! The one goal I know I have right now is this:

 
It may not seem much to anyone else, but this is a dress I bought at an op shop YEARS ago and it was THE MOST comfortable thing I've ever worn. I just LOVED it! Comfy, I felt sexy in it (even though it's not a sexy style it just made me feel that way) and cool. Very soft material too (like t-shirt material). It's a little stretchy, which is lovely.
I want to fit in it again. I have kept it all these years (probably over 10 years) just to fit in it again, I haven't done that with any other clothes, not that long. I have no idea what size it is because the tag was cut out when I bought it.

When I look good in that dress, I'll be happy.

No comments: