Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 08, 2010

Start of week 3 on Optifast

... and I'm at 118kg!! I have to say most days it's easier than at the start, the first few days were awful. I still get bad days but not as often.

Yesterday we went to a friends place for lunch and to spoil myself I had some REAL food. Lunch was rolls/wraps and salads, so I chose the low fat wrap (which I wouldn't have done before, I'd have been scoffing 1-2 white rolls), and had minimal cheese (was low fat anyway) and avocado even though they're my favourite bits. ;)

To make up for that I only had 2 Optifast meals (instead of 3) and no vegetables that day. Probably not quite equal but I'm ok with that. :)

I think it's probably pretty common at this stage but when you see you're losing weight you begin to wonder if you actually need the surgery. But this Optifast diet isn't sustainable. You can't be on this long term, which is where the Lap Band comes in. That will help me LONG term. So yes, I do need the surgery. But I'm glad I'm getting a bit of this fat off to start with.

One week today and I'll be in hospital getting banded!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Can't believe there's only one week left! I haven't commented here much, but I've been Google Reading your posts and praying for you daily!

Sue said...

Thank you Ruth. I do love having you around.