Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 19, 2010

Chewing

Hmm it seems the mind over matter stuff is still going on - I am not really hungry, although I've felt it a little bit once or twice and been satisfied with some broth, but I want to chew something. At least on the Optifast diet I could chew the bars. I'm missing chewing. Not too long, just another 10 days and I'm on soft foods, that will help.

I worked out how I'm feeling too - full term pregnant belly feeling. I'm not as big as I was full term pregnant, but I distinctly remember this bloated, full, tight feeling in the belly. Where getting up and down you have to be careful as things pull and twist, and it's just not easy or comfortable. It's getting better every day though. And Nurofen Plus helps.

Can I tell  you how grateful I am that I didn't die on the operating table? Until I'd thought about it more I really didn't realise how close to that I could have come! I don't think God's finished with me here yet, I have heaps to do here still, so that's why I'm still here. But it does play on my mind that "I had an allergic reaction to a general anaesthetic and they had to pump me full of extra drugs to keep me going". Scary. Very scary. I'll know for if I need another G.A. - my Mum apparently reacts similarly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really tough!

My doctor is very different in that he had me on mushies pretty quickly.

Once you get some more solid food in your stomach you'll feel better.

Hang in there!!