Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 22, 2010

Ouch!

I had my first bout of "band-related" pain just before. It was a sharpish pain, like a stitch, under my left ribs. It was quite sore, I got a bit worried. Then I had a think, and I know you can get pain like that if something gets stuck, but I hadn't eaten anything in a while. I did have a drink (my Berocca Performance), but didn't think THAT would get stuck. Then I thought maybe it was wind - I know that can cause pain.

So I drank a little Coke Zero in case it was something stuck (isn't it funny that Coke is the "recommended drain cleaner" for the Lap Bander??? LOL), and took some Nurofen Plus.

A little while later the pain was gone - not sure which helped it go. But I did burp a LOT.

I did some reasearch and it seems a common pain, most likely to have been overeating and food sitting in the pouch causing pain (which I hadn't eaten recently but I think I did drink the Berocca Performance quicker than I should have, or than I ususally do), or wind pain.

My guess is wind pain. But it's gone now so it's all good. A good reminder though not to get lax with HOW I eat.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

For about 2 days I had a really uncomfortable feeling under my left rib. I was so worried that it was the way my band was placed.

It went away and I'm pretty it was referred pain from wind.

Strange huh?!

Hang on - it gets more comfortable!

Sue said...

Thanks!

I managed to get away with no shoulder tip pain so I guess I can't complain too much.

Sandy said...

I think it is gas too. I did get some pain last night after I ate a larger than I should have meal but it was more a pressure thing and finally eased a few hours later. I also sometimes get some pain in my left shoulder. I'm going to remember the diet coke treatment. Too funny, but if it works why not.

Sue said...

It was the surgeon who told me about the diet coke! I think it's funny, but if it works,it works! Nice to see you here Sandy Lee. The more the merrier!

Oh hey thanks for the link on your blog!! I must set up a link list here.

Andrew said...

Epiphany,

I was banded about a week before you , and it took a good week or so to get rid of all the gas pains, they will disappear over night , and the next day you will get up feeling right as rain...

Sue said...

Thanks Andrew. Lovely to have a guy around here! I looked at your profile and you quite resemble a guy in the room opposite me at hospital who was also banded.

I'm coming over to follow your blog!

Lap Band Groupie said...

It's probably gas, but if you ever get this with trouble breathing then call your doc. Glad to find your blog and congrats on the banding! -BG
I'm here;
http://gastriclapbandjourney.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Hi Band Groupie! Great name. I checked out your blog, well done!!! Fantastic weight loss!