That answered some questions I hadn't actually asked so thanks Sally!
This is a diagram that I have drawn to show you what my Dr showed me
The first one shows how my band would probably look now and over time the stomach fat dissapears and that is why the band loosens...see how smal of a diffeence one ml would make to me now???? The second picture shows a further down the track band with more fill and how the 0.1 ml makes a much bigger difference. [...]
I also asked about how long the food actually stays in the little pouch and why if it is gone after 1/2 hour (when we are allowed to drink again) do we stay full for so long??? He said that the food really only stays there for about 2 mins and the 1/2 hour rule was actually a bit outdated...don't drink and eat in the same mouthful is more acurate as it makes the food more runny and the nerve won't register the mouthful. He said to wait about 5 mins after eating and then it would be fine. Who knew??? The reason we stay so full or more acurately satisfied is because of where the band actually is and it leans against a nerve that sends messages to the brain that we are full and after about 25 or so bits of food or mouthfuls or whaterver pass against this nerve and it tells our brain that we are full.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Some band information
Sally over at Ramblings From The Other Side shared some really good information about why we keep needing fills and about how this band really does work - so I'm sharing some bits of it here too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I really liked this one too :-)
5 minutes after eating, huh? I usualyy wait 30, but I know there are others who wait 60-90 minutes. Great information! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks...I am still going to wait 30 min I think unless out with friends. It has been working for me so why change??? Glad you found it helpful
Post a Comment