I saw the surgeon today, and I have a date. 15 February 2010. The day I get a Gastric Lap Band. Don't think just because the blog started today that it's been a quick decision, it certainly hasn't. A long, hard one. But one that I needed to make.
I've been overweight for a long time, and don't want to be like this anymore. I am officially (as hard as it is to say it) MORBIDLY OBESE, I have bad knees, bad hips/pelvis, bad back, asthma, am incredibly inflexible and unfit, and have a BMI (for what it's worth) of 51 (which is WAY above the level where they classify you "obese"). I am only 158cm tall and weigh 126.9kg, as of today.
If you're curious about how it works, and how they do it, here is a video:
I will be back soon with more to tell you, about what I need to do pre-op, and post op diet etc. But I just wanted to get this first post up now.
Oh and much to my disgust I'm posting a photo of me now:
At some stage I'll try to get some side shots etc.



No comments:
Post a Comment