Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Vitamin B or iron?

I had some toast with vegemite on it (and a slice of low fat cheese, sandwiched together). I have to say, besides the guilt, and the voices in my head (bugger off voices!!!) telling me to give up on it all, I felt SO MUCH better. I think I really needed something in there, quite possibly the vitamin B and/or the iron. My guess is the iron to be honest.

It tasted wonderful, and I ate very slowly and chewed heaps and felt really full afterwards (only 2 pieces of toast), which was good.

I'm not off the wagon, I just stopped for a moment. I plan on doing this and doing it well, but not at the expense of my sanity. My body cried out, I listened. Now it's quiet. And it will keep quiet! LOL!

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Hard isn't it? ;)

It was probably neither, your shakes would actually have more vit b and iron than vegimite. It would have been the carbs your body was craving, it will go after awhile.
Have they said how strict you have to be? I mean you are doing this as a pre op thing to just clean out your liver and to get your body used to not consuming as much food so it doesn't go into shock, yeah? If you are really struggling I think you need to go and speak to your Dr, or at least the nurse about it. Like I have said to you before, this is probably one of the hardest things you have to do, and it certainly isn't the easy way out, perhaps you need some more support in these early stages?

Zoe x

Sue said...

Yeah that's pretty much the reason why to do it. And to start you on the journey as well.

I did speak to the surgeon's assistant today and (as you've probably read now) found out I can have cups of tea and vary from the shakes to the bars and soups which will be good.

It isn't the easy way out, to me, I see it as the long term way out. Something that can help me long term.

Glad to have you around Zoe. We can catch up for a shake together! LOL!