Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MMmmmmm

I just heated up some sausage rolls for my son. WOW they smelt good. Out of everything I've had to prepare for the kids, this has been what got me most. But I won the battle.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hooray for winning! Isn't it amazing how good it feels to win even what may seem like a small battle in light of the full-fledged war we're fighting!?!

I'd like to share a quote from this book I'm reading since you made this decision after much prayer and since there are many of us praying for you. It's a little long and blunt, but it just popped in my mind so I want to pass it on in its full impact:

"You see, God doesn't lose battles. It's that simple. His men and women 'hasten' into the battle, knowing full well that it may cost them their life, but also completely confident that they cannot lose. We lose battles when we fight them in our own strength, in our own manner. But when we learn to fight (pray) as God does, there will never be a lost battle ever again. There will be times of seeming defeat, moments of great suffering, occasions of terrible loss, but there will never be defeat. Why? Because God doesn't lose battles. He always wins."

Sue said...

That's true Ruth. I know at times it doesn't feel like it though, does it? But it's right, it's because we haven't used His strength enough.