Thursday, January 21, 2010
Addiction
Food is definitely an addiction for me. Today I have tried to cut down a little on stuff like bread and stuff (I do eat a lot of it) and it's all I can think about! I've given up smoking before, back on 5th August 2002 (don't forget that date) and I can tell that getting fit and losing this weight is going to be a struggle with an addiction like it was with smoking.
I'm going to work out some strategies for when I'm really getting the cravings, like going out for fresh air or for a walk (if I can) or drinking water or even reading the Bible (good way to ditch one addiction with the good Word and also get into a better habit of reading it). Maybe I'll implement a few things.
So if anyone feels the desire to pray for me, please pray for strength to beat the addiction food has become in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey Sue,
I'm so sorry I'm just now getting back to reading updates on this blog!!! I have been praying for you regularly, though, that God will lead you and guide you!
I will definitely pray more specifically that God will help you beat this addiction. I very strongly believe He can! since he has for me, as you know.
Sometimes in praying, I think it's hard for us to pray faithful prayers because we're not sure if what we want is in alignment with God's will, but I believe that anything (food, alcohol, activities, etc.) that have such a hold on us that they control us in any way are things God desires to remove from our lives! Praying specifically over 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 really helped me. I will pray the same for you: that God will pull down this stronghold in your life to free you to walk after His Spirit more fully and freely!
Love ya!
Thanks Ruth. God gave us food for sustenance and I'm sure pleasure, but I do think I took the "pleasure" part too far. LOL! So yeah, I know He'd love me to be rid of an addiction and taking care of myself.
Post a Comment