Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

An NSV to make the day better






<------- That's how I'm feeling right now. :)







Today I wore a t-shirt I haven't worn in a while (due to size) and some leggings to the gym. I only wore the leggings because I thought they'd be more comfortable than the large shorts & 3/4 length pants I've been wearing. I didn't think I looked particularly flash actually, it's not something I would have considered wearing in public, besides the gym.

But when I got to the gym the lady (LOVELY lady) at the desk GASPED!!! And for once, it wasn't in a bad way!! ROFL!! It was in a "oh my goodness the weight is dropping off you" way, because that's what she said! She sees me all the time, but usually my clothes are much looser (fat clothes that I can still wear but are big on me) and you can't see the loss as much.

Can I tell you how good that made me feel?? FLIPPIN' AWESOME!!!! Yes yes, our worth should come from within, from how we feel about ourselves, but you'd be kidding yourself if you didn't admit that it was important what others thought too! And I need some ego stroking every now and then, it pumps the spirit.

Anyway I did so much more at the gym, as I was feeling so inspired. I did 3km on the treadmill, 4km on the bike, 1km on the rower and a little on the fluid ergometer. Best session I've had to date. :)

Oh and the scales were down another 400gm today. That officially puts me at 18kg lost. ;)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I started about 20kg more than your starting weight - I wonder if that is why I've been able to drop it quicker? Half of that weight I lost in the Optifast stage PRE-surgery. :P

Andrew said...

The work out you are going are great....I think this is what really moves the weight loss along.....