Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 23, 2010

Change of routine

Today I changed my exercise routine. So far, to work in with one child at school and the other in day care, I've been going to the gym on Tuesday and Friday and often once on the weekend as well (when my husband is home).

Today I decided to give the aqua aerobics a try. I haven't done it in YEARS!!!

 I really loved it! I was early, so I did 1km on the treadmill first, then I hopped in the pool with 20 or so others (some old, some about my age I'd guess, some fat, some not so fat, some looking healthy) and prepared to get as tired as the last time I did it many moons ago.

I was pleasantly surprised. I pushed myself a lot harder than others were (honestly, I have no idea why some of them were there, they chatted the whole time and just made a pathetic effort, then got out 15 minutes before the end of the hour long class so they could get a shower and blow dry their hair), and still, I was able to do it all. And I enjoyed it! I could certainly feel the effects while I was doing it, especially in the arms and my core, which is GREAT, as those are the bits I feel are more neglected by the treadmill, bike and rower at the gym (the machines I currently use). I think next time I'll fill in the time between school drop off and the class with some laps, but I'll certainly be back. So that's my new basic exercise routine - gym Tuesday and swim/aqua aerobics on a Friday.

It's so rewarding feeling how much my fitness has increased! I'm loving it! But I do think I might have to get some new bathers - my current ones are a bit "nana-ish" due to that being the only style that would fit me before. Time for an update I think!

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

Thats great! To me, excercise has to be "fun" and enjoyable to the extent that exercise can be enjoyable in order for me to keep doing it and it sounds like you found your niche!

Anonymous said...

Just looked at your stats - and you probably do need to invest in a new pair of togs! 19kg's gone could cause some serious embarrasment in the pool ;-)

Love this NSV - good on you for mixing up your exercise routine!

PS Gotta love those preschool days (I know I do!!)

Sue said...

You know WIP I looked down FREQUENTLY to make sure one of the ladies wasn't doing her own aerobics out of the bathers (if you know what I mean LOL).

You're right Jacquie, you'll only keep going if you like it. Glad I've found a couple of things I do like!

Aqua aerobics will be good for the tuck shop lady arms too. ;)