Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Timely

Many of you reading would know I'm a Christian, and I usually try to keep my Christian blog and this one separate, but today I just HAVE to share something here, as it's so relevant to my last post.

I get a bunch of devotionals in my email each day, and this morning I woke to see this one. Read the first couple of lines of the Bible verse. ;)

Don’t Lose Heart


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


2 Corinthians 4:16-18


I have high expectations for 2011. I have high expectations for myself, my family, and for my church. I have these expectations because I know that it is God’s plan and desire to do good things in all of these areas. Even though God has good plans and He will work ALL things out for His glory, this does not mean that everything will run smoothly.

One of the hardest things in the Christian life is getting excited about all of the great things that are happening only to have a bad circumstance let the air out of our sails. Read the verses above and remember to focus not on the things that happen in this life, but on the eternal good that God does and is doing in you every single day. You have a purpose and He has called you. The enemy will try his best to discourage you, but that’s when you know that you are right in the middle of God’s perfect will—–otherwise Satan would simply leave you alone.

Don’t lose heart. Keep pressing forward and fix (your) eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal!

Via He loves us
Could that be any more relevant??? LOL!!

No comments: