Has anyone had a flipped port? Can you describe the pain? Today I've been getting a painful tugging sensation where my port is (I can feel it easily) when I sit in certain positions or move certain ways. Could that be the problem or could it just be some gallbladder surgery stitches?
I forgot to mention that Sunday was my first day back at the gym since the surgery. Amazing how your level of fitness declines!!
5 comments:
I haven't had a flipped port but I do know the pain you are talking about. I get pulling pain on the left side extending from where I think my port is. It can be positional for me. sometimes its there for day and the gone for weeks.
My doc has said the tubing runs from the port over the abdo wall and into a small hole then on back to the band. He believes the hole can get irratated and cause that pulling sensation. It could also be the stitches from the gallbladder.
I hope it settles x
Hiya Sue
I'm a 1st time blogger, i just signed up yesterday, so nice to meet you and your post instantly got my attention. My port has flipped twice. Where is your port? Due to my port flipping's, i had my port moved from my lower right abdomen and it is now in between my breasts. Both times when my port has flipped, i never felt any discomfort or pain, it was only discovered that my port had flipped when i went for my fills. If you can feel your port easily, i was told it is a good sign as your losing weight! Yayee. However does it feel like the port is sitting flat? I know this sounds uncomfortable but if you get a bread knife, or fork or spoon, or anything to the same width and size and use the handle end to press 1 side of the port and if its moves, then yes you should go and see your surgeon asap. Hope that makes sense? I was told to do this to check if my port was sitting flat, i have had no troubles with my port in between my lower breasts. Sometimes when i haven't eating much during the day, my port feels tight and as if it is moving, but it hasn't again, thank goodness. Hope this helps, but above all if you are really concerned just go see your GP or surgeon, better safe than sorry. Take care & keep up the great work!
I had a flipped port through the summer, and similarly to above felt no pain and only knew the port was flipped once we couldn't get the needles home for the fills.
Thanks everyone. I have an appointment on the 20th with my surgeon so will wait until then if I can. Hopefully it's nothing bad.
Hello to the new people here!
I have had a flipped port and had it reattached to the muscle. I did have a tugging sensation for 2 months before hand, but the doc thinks it was unrelated (perhaps something I did at the gym). It was only discovered when the needle wouldn't go in for the fill....I had it redone under a local (yes another scar under the first port scar) and it has been fine since....
Just keep an eye on it...and the doc can test it when you see him..
Post a Comment