Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Follow up visit today

Well I've been back to the surgeon today to follow up after the gallbladder surgery and see how I'm travelling.

I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that he completely understood that my weight loss has slowed - he was happy that given I've come through Christmas, surgery (therefore lots of time off exercise) and having my kids home (therefore not as many breaks to go to gym) I've still managed to lose weight and not put it on!!

I didn't get a fill as we all agreed that the issues at the moment were not hunger (he said that is the catalyst for a fill in his opinion) but motivation and headspace.

So it's a couple of weeks for me then it's eyes on the prize time again, in the meantime, I'll keep going the way I am, which, in my opinion, being one year down the track and 30kg lighter, down from a size 26 to an 18 - is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Oh and I bought a new video, it's by the same guy as the famous "blue book" Paul O'Brien, called "The Eight Golden Rules". I'll have a look at it - they said that's what they get all new patients to buy these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's great Sue!

I go to my doctor in 2 weeks and I'm fully prepared to get my knuckles wrapped!

*sigh*

If you find that motivation and headspace can you tell me how.....

:-)

Anonymous said...

hhmmmm.... should that be 'rapped'? I'm not a christmas present after all?.....

Sue said...

LOL!

That's what I expected, so I was very pleasantly surprised!

All That Razzberry said...

I nominated you for an award on my blog :)