Can you see me up there? On that big plateau? I'm up there, waving from the camp I've set up. I've made myself quite at home. I've been sitting there for a couple of months.
I got to below 100kg and stalled (I did get to 96kg and have hovered around there mostly), both physically and mentally. More so the mental side effecting the physical side.
I've had a fair bit of stuff going on, like all the stuff with starting up our own business, finding out I have gallstones and needing my gallbladder out (surgery now moved to 3 days before Christmas). I've been like a yo-yo with my depression and anxiety. I've basically struggled to find the motivation I once had to kick myself up the butt and get moving. I also think I need a fill but nothing is happening with that until after the surgery. I've been constantly cheating and eating bad food - my diet is appalling for someone with a lap-band (albeit WAY better than it used to be). My exercising certainly hasn't been 100% either.
I feel like I'm in some plateau limbo land. And I can't drag myself off and no matter what anyone says they can't motivate me off.
Hopefully after the surgery and recovery I'll find something ... deep inside ... and I can get moving on the 2nd half of my weight loss. I'm only 1/2 way there, I HAVE to lose more.
Feel free to tell me you've been here, been here for a good length of time and STILL moved off and got heaps more weight off!!!



4 comments:
See that person leaping up and down on the peak next to you? That's me!!!
So understand where you are! Hang in there. I've decided to just bless my band that I haven't gained all my weight back. I'm sure it's the only reason!!!!
Today's menu consisted of chocolate until dinner when I decided I actually needed to eat something healthy. Hello restriction!!!
Why does chocolate have to be a slider?????????
I need a band on my brain. I am pretty snowed under and stressed at the moment and I know I am going back to old habits. But only up 1.5kg's so could be a WHOLE lot worse.
Lets pinky swear we'll get our acts together when these rough patches are behind us.
I don't have much restriction at all really.
Sliders - those darn salt and vinegar chips are sliders. ;)
Pinky swear WIP. :)
I have also had a BAD day today... I definatly need a fill, hopefully next week, as I am NOT feeling very restricted, and my diet today also consisted of chocolate... Very naughty... I only lost 1kg in like 2 weeks (more like 10days) but not good enough for me!!
Chin up and it will get better, I think with the Hols coming up you tend to slip into OLD habits and the only reason you don't PACK on the weight is the band, so its a good thing...
Get through your op and xmas and then give yourself a HUGE kick up the bum, or I will!!!
Yep....I hear ya!! I have been up beside you for 6mths or more!! I'm not sure I have any answers either....and I am only half way there too:( I feel like something has changed in the last week or so though....I feel hopeful things are about to start moving downwards again also. You will too.....just get the op out of the way and Christmas and everything and then you can get back into it again:)
Post a Comment