Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 04, 2010

Some technological help

After some discussion with other bloggy friends, it seemed we were all in the same situation that we couldn't seem to click on other people's blog links through Google Friend Connect.

So I did some googling and some trial and error and have worked out what to do!

We all need to have our settings set up so that our blogs show up. And being the kind and wonderful, and procrastinating from REAL work, type person I am, I've set up how to do it!

Here is is! Hope it works for you!

How to get your blog showing on your Google Friend Connect profile when people click on it:


(sorry the pics aren't clearer but to have them clearer they are too big for my blog)

1. Go to your own blog.

2. Sign in to Google Friend Connect if you’re not already (will show at the bottom under the pics).

3. Click on your profile pic in the Google Friend Connect section.


4. Click on “settings”.


5. Make sure “publish activities” is ticked and click on "edit blogger profile".

 
6. Choose “edit my profile at blogger”.



7. Tick “show sites I follow” so others can see the sites you follow. Click on “select blogs to display” (this happens if you have more than one, like me).



8. Choose blogs and save settings.


9. Close window.

10. Click “done” on other window.



11. Click “done” again.

12. Tell all your friends how to do it, or send them a link to this post!!


9 comments:

Liz said...

Thank you!!! I have been wondering how to do this so I'm glad you made it so easy for us to follow the instructions.

Thanks Sue!

Sue said...

No problem! It helped me avoid housework and stuff. LOL!

alycejo said...

Thanks Sue!
Such a big help :D
let's hope everyone reads this and follows it so I can finally catch up with everyones blogs

Anonymous said...

So help the poor, sad, technically challenged - I don't use Google friend connect (um, I don't think) do I still need to do this?

Sue said...

ROFL WIP - Are you signed in as a "follower" over on the right there for any blogs? That's what we're talking about.

Desiray said...

Thanks you for sharing for some reason Google did have problems I found problems trying to connect with blogs on google..but that was early this morning they must of gotten it taken care of because now I am not experiencing any trouble errors. In way I guess it could be a good thing that mean many people using google lol

thanks sis for sharing

Mary H. said...

I also learned that when you "follow" you can be following with either your blogger ID or your Google ID. If I follow with google, others can not see my blog when they click on my profile in the follow box. If I follow with my blogger profile, my blog comes up under links...

That is really annoying! Thanks for the info!

Mary H. said...

Sue - I just posted a tutorial over at my blog on how to change your following profile to Blogger rather than Google. I know that was what was holding me up...even with my blogger persmissions set to show my links, it wasn't working because I was following with my google profile. It's insane how many "profiles" they make you have! Here is the link to my tutorial...I thought that some of the folks that see this, might have the same issue that I did!

http://notyouraveragegal.blogspot.com/2010/10/tutorial-following-blogs-with-blogger.html

Anonymous said...

blah, blah, blah - that's about all I understand!

Um... yep - I'm listed as a follower but I haven't run into any problems.....

*sigh* I need a 12 year old to tell me what to do!