This time I'm talking about FOOD.
I've been thinking about how my diet has changed since being banded back in February. There are many things off the menu now, and many new things on the menu.
I'd love to hear what you, as bandsters, miss from your old diet (either because you are a good bandster and don't eat it anymore or because you can't because of it getting stuck etc) and also new things that you never really ate before but you do now and enjoy.
I miss hot cinnamon donuts, pancakes and bacon & eggs for breakfast. I often still have eggs for breakfast, they're great. But bacon and eggs just don't work well. I *can* eat it, but the bacon has to be chewed so slowly that it's stone cold by the time I finish and it's just not enjoyable. Donuts and pancakes (many cakey type things) just get stuck. I'd still eat them sometimes if I could. LOL!
I am really happy to have chick peas in my diet now. I rarely ate them before and really enjoy them now. Same for muesli. Love the stuff. And Burgen bread!! I was a white bread girl before, now that just gets stuck and the Burgen is so much better for me and doesn't get stuck!!
So what about you???








4 comments:
I'm only about 2 months out, so I'm still in the process of exploring new foods to like. Of course, I miss soda and sweets sometimes, but this has been so good that I don't even want to go back. I'm looking forward to finding new foods that I enjoy. I get stuck in a rut sometimes...I need to do some exploring at our organic grocery store and see what they have that I can incorporate into a healthy bandster diet.
Hey Sue. So far I miss brownies and chocolate. There were family blocks of Cadburys on sale at Coles the other day for 2 for $5 which is the cheapest I've seen them in ages. It took all the will power in the world to walk past on not pick up a block of Fruit n Nut and a block of Snack.
I haven't had a fill yet so I'm tolerating pretty much everything now so its just a matter of will power to cut out the stuff I love. My first fill is next Tuesday. I'll be disappointed if I can't manage sourdough bread after that but it'll be a good thing too that I can't.
After reading your post, 2 things I know I'll miss now are bacon and hot cinnamon donuts.
We're all different, they may work for you. Bacon in small bits I'm finding is ok.
Post a Comment