I did a bit of Googling and apparently rapid weight loss, like you have after Lap Banding and other WLS, can effect gall bladder function or even create stones!!
Has anyone else had this problem? What was the treatment? Outcome?
Luckily I also have my appointment with the surgeon in the afternoon tomorrow so I can discuss it with him.
I don't want any more surgery after the scare I got on the operating table getting the band!!


4 comments:
I hope it all goes ok...
I actually told someone I didn't want knowing I was being banded that I was having my gall bladder removed - feel quite ashamed that I lied but this woman would not let up :(
uh-oh!!! I've read quite a few posts from bloggers who have had to have their gallbladders removed. Yep - apparently we are more likely to get gallstones because of the quick weightloss.
Not liking my chances as it is also hereditary in my family!
Good luck!!!
Cripes. :(
The more I read about it the more nervous I am. Recovery is worse than for banding apparently. I don't want more surgery!!
Totally common for WLS patients - mine hit about 5 months after surgery. I had my GB out and it sucked, but glad its done. Sorry to say....it does sound like GB stones. Hope I'm wrong. Feel better.
Post a Comment