Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Trying on clothes

Trying on clothes used to be a nightmare. At an AUS size 26 you basically bought whatever fit, whether it was really what you wanted or not. I've actually had to stop myself thinking that these days - I must ONLY buy what I really love, not buy something just because if fits.

Anyway, I just met the sister of a friend who was banded back in August 2009. She's down from a 26 to a 16 now, and looking great! She's getting rid of a heap of her clothes and brought the bags to me to see if I want them before Ebay got them.

It was mostly 20-26 with some 18's thrown in.

Well....

I rummaged through the bags, mainly picking out pants or jeans as that's what my wardrobe is missing. I picked out the 20's thinking they'll be good.

PROBLEM!!!

What is the problem you say??

THEY WERE TOO BIG!!!!!!

I'm currently wearing a pair of size 20 jeans that I thought were just a little big coz of their sizing. But NO, it appear that I'm a little less than a 20 now! The 20's still actually fit but really were that little bit too big, not fitting properly. I'm still a bit bigger on the top, but my "ladies" are of "generous proportion" LOL so that effects the size of tops.

The even better thing is that in the garage I have a huge bag of size 18's (given to me) that I might be able to fit into sooner than I thought!

ALL IN 5 MONTHS!!!

Remind me of this next time I whinge about the scales not moving much? ;)

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

What a fantastic post - I'm so happy for you. Its the best feeling in the world when we try something on and it's too big - what a surprise and a huge congrats. xx

Anonymous said...

Wow- such a great feeling!!! So happy for you :-)

Helen said...

Well done Sue!!! So pleased for you!!

Girl Bandit said...

Hey Sue...fantastic result in 5 months....I know how you feel when I pulled on some 12's at Sussan a week ago and they did up...yep have a severe muffin top...but who cares...they fit!!! You have lost 4 sizes...awesome. Keep up the great work