The kids were a *little* (LOL) cranky we were waiting in the rain a while for it to start.
I did it, I made the 5km in the MS Society Walk & Fun Run!
I did it at 3 & 5 year old pace most of the time, as the whole family came along. And I even did half of it with one or other of the kids on my shoulders (my neck is quite sore from that though).
AND it was cold and a bit wet here and there.
AND TOM arrived! First day! Worst day!
But even with all that against me I did it.
I'm having to convince myself it was a good effort. I really didn't get the euphoria I expected when I finished. It was a bit of a let down actually. It was more like "oh well, I did it. Boring". Why? I don't know. Maybe because it was more of a stroll? I know I didn't push as fast as I could because we did it as a family. Maybe that's it.
I'm a bit sore now (my hips were quite sore yesterday, but my muscles were ok) but not too bad at all really. Tired though.
Next year I'm doing the 5km RUN!





3 comments:
Congrats Sue! That is awesome!
Wow Sue you are amazing!!! Not only to do 5km - but to take your kids too?!!! That must add at least another 5km worth of effort!!!
Just think - you are not only getting healthy for you - but look at the example you are setting for your children.
What a mum!!!
Well done! And in the rain, no less!
Post a Comment