Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hypnosis???

I saw a show last night on TV where a woman was hypnotised into thinking she had a gastric lap band, and lost heaps of weight!!!

I thought I'd google it, and it turns out it even has a name: Hypnobanding!!!

Here is one article: "Gastric Mind Band Helps Mum" if you're interested in looking.

So what do you all think?????

4 comments:

alycejo said...

I watched that too, and I'm not as naive as that woman!
I just can't comprehend how she could feel as though she had a lap band without actually ever experiencing it.
I can't even imagine the feelings associated with getting the band...I'm just waiting to see for myself.
I study psychology so I understand the power of placebo conditions. If someone is impressionable enough then sure they might be able to convince themselves that they have a "band". But I guess it just depends on the person.
It will be interesting to see how long she can keep the weight off.

THE DASH! said...

I don't know lol I still prefer the real thing. What will they think of next. Thanks for the link, was interesting!

Anonymous said...

I know 100% for certain that I have a band - and yet it still needs adjusting every now and then!!

I think she must have been a pretty impressionable person!

Sue said...

Alyce hello and welcome to my blog!! I just saw yours (after clicking through your profile) and am following. I'm in Victoria too, but a couple of hours East of Melbourne.

I'm pretty sceptical of it all myself really. WIP great point about needing the adjustments - does she just get "the sweet spot" automatically with the hypnosis??