Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Help!




Someone give me a pearl of wisdom that will spark my enthusiasm for getting into it again!!

Old habits are too easy to fall into - I'm snacking again, eating things that are bad for me, and haven't got the mental energy to push myself hard enough at the gym (besides I have a bad headcold right now, when that's better I want to start).

But I've lost my mojo!! I've got nothing to give! I'm maintaining fine, but I'm stuck on this plateau both mentally and physically.

What do I do? How do I motivate myself to get back into it? I'm thinking a photo of myself on the wardrobe. I'm ok with looking in the mirror but photo's make me feel ill - I look horrid. :( Maybe that will work. I see the surgeon next month sometimes (I had a 3 month gap this time) so maybe a little fill will restrict me enough not to be able to snack the way I am. ;)




8 comments:

Denise said...

Maybe that photo of your goal dress on the fridge, on the pantry...anywhere there is snack food...will help too!

Seeing in colour said...

Its so hard... i feel like im a bit in that way at the moment but im trying to keep motivated with keeping fit and keeping active.... but i have been bad with food lately too, dont worry your not alone there!

Stick in there you will find your mojo again soon!

Anonymous said...

1st of all, you are beautiful. So it is written; So it shall be. 2nd is advice my doc gave me:

"It's OK to have a bad day now & again."

So simple yet so profound. You have permission to slip, but here's the cool thing; just because today was bad doesn't mean tomorrow has to be. I had this way of thinking previously that life had a ledger. If I messed up, I didn't just have to get back on track,.but I had to also somehow make up for the days that I blew it. The longer my setback, the tougher the return because I had so much to make up for.

Now i realize that only satan has a ledger. As far as God is concerned, you're sin is not just forgiven...it is FORGOTTEN! The ledger is erased at the end of every day. Let's chat again tomorrow & see how you are doing. I'm more than willing to chat every day with you to help you make good decisions for THAT DAY! What do to say, pal?

Michelle said...

I have a hard time motivating to go the gym so I joined two classes. I started tonight with pilates and tomorrow night with a card class. I will be doing this 4 nights a week. I think I am crazy but feel like if I have paid for it and others are there I kind of feel more accountable. Pilates was fun.

I too am struggling with choices for food but have gone back to calorie counting and that seems to be working. So hopefully that gets the scale moving in the right direction.

You can do it..

Sue said...

Jake you hit the nail on the head, that's exactly how I feel, like I have to not only get back on the straight and narrow but to make up for my badness!! Silly me!!

Thanks Michelle & Seeing In Colour.

Knowing you're not alone always helps. ;)

Janet Woodlock said...

At the risk of saying something that is all too much like hard work... I think it's helpful to reflect (without punishing yourself) exactly what thoughts and feelings are going on when driven to unhealthy food choices... processing those thoughts for 3 or 4 minutes can make you realise that it's not really that you are even hungry, but something else is going on. Inviting Christ into that inner place just might be what you really need. But sometimes, really, your body is looking for nutrients... so feed it!

Sue said...

Thanks Janet. To be honest, it's not often it's nutrients I'm craving. ;)

Janet Woodlock said...

Changing habits is a mongerel eh? Just be kind on yourself. I hope this whole experience will be an exciting journey of inner growth... which is more important than whatever happens on the outside! Be graced...