I want to share some of a post from Stephanie over at
Dreams Of Skinny High Heels. I've been reading her blog for ages now (pretty much since I started reading bandit blogs) and this post is great and SO SO encouraging.
I just wanted all you newbies out there to know that it can be done, bit it takes a lot of hard work, perseverance and determination, but I know you all have that within you. There have been times where I thought "Why isn't this weight coming off nearly as fast enough?" or "I was losing weight faster when I was doing Weight Watchers". Well let me tell you, I lost almost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers last year and what happened? I gained it all back. I was on a roller coaster ride from hell filled with ups and downs and when I was on my downward spiral, I couldn't stay motivated. Well, I am motivated now and so are each and every one of you. If you weren't bound and determined, you wouldn't have had the surgery in the first place.
Here is what 5 lbs of fat looks like compared to 5 lbs of muscle. Fat is less dense and takes up more space which is why you may not see a drop in the scale when you start working out, because you gain dense muscle mass, but you will see a drop in your measurements and clothing size. Don't believe the old "Muscle weighs more than fat" crap. A pound is a pound the world around.
So yes, it can be slow going at times, but honestly, with each new piece of clothing I buy or each time I step on the scale and see a new all time low, I know that each plateau I endure is worth it.
I AM WORTH IT.
My family is worth it.
My health is worth it.
My self esteem is worth it.
And you my lovely readers and dear friends are worth it too. "Never stop fighting till the fight is done. Here endeth the lesson." (That's the Chicago way!)
2 comments:
Nice post!
I'm so happy to hear that what i write can help to inspire others. Thanks for giving me the shout out and the repost as well as being a great follower! it is much appreciated. By the way, I lvoe your goal dress!! So very pretty! :)
Post a Comment